To make everything as painless and fun as possible, I figured it would be a good idea to put up a formal review policy. Therefore, if you’d like for me to consider your book for review, please take a look below to make sure the book is a reasonable fit for my blog.
Genres I Usually Review
- Young Adult
- Light sci-fi
Genres I Occasionally Review
- New Adult
Genres I Do Not Review
- Children’s/Middle School
If your book doesn’t necessarily fit one of those genres, that doesn’t necessarily mean I’ll say no. I’m a pretty open-minded reader, so as long as I can get a sense of what to expect from the book, I’ll consider it. :)
Formats I Accept
I am admittedly one of those readers who likes a physical book in hand, but I’ll take ebooks as well as long as I can get it on my Nook, PDF, or Adobe Digital Editions. ARCs are also great.
What I’ll Include in My Review
- Cover (linked to Goodreads page)
- How I got it
- Synopsis (typically from Goodreads or Amazon)
- Review (typically 200-350 words)
- Rating (1-5, 5 being the highest)
- Whether or not I would recommend it
- Purchase links to up to 3 booksellers (typically Barnes & Noble, Amazon, and/or Book Depository)
- A selection of other books by the author (usually up to 3)
- Any additional necessary information
- If there is anything more you’d like me to include, let me know. I like to keep my reviews as uncluttered as possible, but I’ll do my best to be accommodating.
Types of Reviews
I have three different types of reviews that I do:
Flash Reviews (more list-oriented and shorter)
Please note that if you contact me for a review, unless otherwise specified, I will review your book as an ARC. I do not flash review books I’ve received from the publisher/author.
How I Review
I do my best to focus as much as possible on the positive aspects of the novel no matter what the rating, but if I did not like it, I will say so and explain why. I do my best to be fair, respectful, and professional when reviewing, but if you have any objections to the review, please let me know. I do not review or rate books I did not finish; if I honestly can’t make it through to the end, I will email you, explain why, and we can decide how to proceed. If for any reason I am unable to read your book, be it illness or any other disruption, I will let you know ASAP.
Requesting A Review
If you’d like to request a review, please email me at email@example.com and include the following information in your message. I need at minimum a month’s notice for a review, so please keep that in mind.
- Cover image
- Publication date
- Format (ARC, ebook, etc.)
- Brief Synopsis
- Link to book’s website page (Goodreads, Amazon, etc.)
- Any blog events you would be interested in doing with me (tour stop, giveaway, interview, guest post, excerpts, etc.)
- Any other relevant information you’d like me to know
Q: How long does it usually take for you to review a book?
A: It really depends. I tend to read books over the course of a few days and write the review soon after finishing it, but I do have a schedule for my blog so the books I review are typically read about a month before the review is actually published.
Q: Where do you post your reviews?
A: My blog, of course, as well as Goodreads, Amazon, and sometimes Barnes & Noble. Goodreads is my main priority, however. Links to the review are also posted to Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.
Q: Do you do book events?
A: Yes! If you’re interested in having me promote your book with a blog tour, giveaway, interview, guest post, feature, or other event, I’d be more than happy to work with you as long as the book fits my criteria and you contact me at least six weeks in advance.
Q: Do you accept indie authors?
A: I do!