Top Ten Tuesdays is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish, with a new Top Ten prompt every week. Check it out!
1. My Most Excellent Year by Steve Kluger
This. Book. Was. Awesome. Like, literal paperback perfection. Asdlfjkdfs.
2. Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter (actually the entire Gallagher Girls series, which is made of awesome)
SOMEBODY GET ME MY PAPER BAG. This book was possibly my favorite out of the series because of the intensity and suspense of it all, and the book just sucked me in and spat me back out at the end blubbering and leaking feelings all over the place.
3. The Mad Scientist’s Daughter by Cassandra Rose Clarke
This was just beautiful written and made me cry and uuuuugh.
4. Weather Witch by Shannon Delaney
I NEED THE SEQUEL LIKE YESTERDAY PLEASE
5. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
This is now one of my all-time favorite classics. The love story and self-discovery are amazing.
6. F*ck It: The Ultimate Spiritual Way by John C. Parkin
This really made me think and question everything and I loved that the author wasn’t afraid to make the reader uncomfortable.
7. The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Beautiful, beautiful book that made me cry and laugh and go through every emotion under the sun.
8. Shattered Glass by Dani Alexander
Possibly one of my favorite LGBT romances. The main character is just so human and unique and complex, and the entire story is so fantastic asdfajksdlfj.
9. Queens Consort: England’s Medieval Queens by Lisa Hilton
This book really got me into medieval history and introduced me to the realities of being a female monarch in medieval times.
10. Ash by Malinda Lo
Okay, so it wasn’t perfect, but Malinda is a FANTASTIC writer and it was just lovely to read. Also, Kaisa is a badass and I want to marry her. *fangirls*
Those were my picks for 2013. I can’t wait to find more fantastic reads in 2014! Here’s to a great new year filled with good books and friends and adventures and general awesomeness. Happy New Year!