So, the month of October has been general insanity, especially with college applications, senior project, midterms, deadlines, and general mayhem.
Shockingly, this has resulted in very little writing time.
I have, however, had the chance to hone my editing skills as my BFF and partner in madness, Ms. Julia Debski, asked me to be the butcher—er, editor—of her debut novel, The Hazel Tree. That book is now published (*quiet flailing*) so I would love for you go check it out. It’s on Kindle for $1.99 and you can also get it in paperback for $9.50, so seriously, go take a look. It’s awesome and full of werewolves and romance and super-creepy Alphas and super-sexy cousins (*cough*ROB*cough*). As soon as the gods bless me with $10, I will be reading and reviewing this beauty, so stay tuned.
In other news, I am doing my best to write while still clinging to the last vestiges of my sanity (which never existed in the first place according to my loved ones). I’m taking my own advice and writing the best bullshit I can, but I’ll be honest—my personality does not deal well with imperfection, so I’m not chucking out as much nonsense as I’d like. Still, progress.
This coming week is also my fall break (THANK YOU JESUS) so I’ll hopefully have a lot more time for writing, reading, stressing over college, and obsessing over CW’s new TV show “Reign”. Seriously, ridiculous historical inaccuracies aside, it is my most delicious guilty pleasure show this season. But, yes, writing is hopefully happening, along with chipping away at my positively gargantuan TBR pile, starting with a book about the Mongol Queens and John Green’s The Fault in Our Stars, as well as finishing “‘Tis Pity She’s A Whore” and The Tao of Pooh. I decided to join this year’s Wonderfully Wicked Read-A-Thon mostly because Halloween is fantastic and this is great motivation for me to put more effort into reading.
As part of this update post, I’d like to include a list of things I’m doing/obsessing over that I’d love for you to check out, which I may or may not have already mentioned above, but we’ll ignore that because I like to make lists. It soothes me.
2. Emma Approved (a vlog series by Hank Green)
3. Reign, CW’s new supermegafoxyawesomehot TV show
4. Composing a SSAATB choral piece based on Secret Garden’s Sleepsong
5. New theme which I can’t remember the name of but love purely because a chubby, smiling apple is involved.
7. Beautiful fall weather, nice and cool and fantastic. Absolute favorite season ever because sweaters and hot cider and pretty colors and Halloween.
8. Is anyone else emotionally traumatized by that bizarre “Girls Don’t Poop” ad with the ’50s redhead with a British accent posing on a toilet and referring to her poop at least a dozen times in the space of 20 seconds? That poor actress will probably never have another job offer EVER AGAIN.
That concludes this little post. If you are reading/watching/being traumatized by anything I’ve mentioned, please comment so I can join in your joy/pleasure/horror. And don’t forget to check out the fabulous Julia Debski’s new novel The Hazel Tree!